Wednesday 20 March 2019

In Appreciation of People who helped me on my Pathways Journey




20th March 2019

Image result for thank you

Today, on the first anniversary of Pathways in our region, I would like to celebrate the many Toastmasters who have helped me on this journey to the point where I have completed the Leadership Development Path (LD5), the Pathways Mentoring Program and I will soon be completing my second path, Visionary Communication.

The most exciting part of the journey has indeed been the people from around the world who have encouraged and supported me along the way. Today I would like to thank them and celebrate them with a mention.

A huge Shout Out to the following Toastmasters:

Sudha Mani (Scotland) who invited me to an online Pathways Discussion Panel where she was a member together with Julie Kertesz, George Marshall and other pathway pioneers. At the end of the meeting I know I wanted to get started on Pathways.

Zaldy Co (Philippines) was the contact name that Sudha agave me. I contacted Zaldy and by the next day I was set up as a member of Emperor Online Toastmasters club. I did my Icebreaker speech in November 2017 and I have been a member of this creative club ever since.



Julie Kertesz (UK). I heard of Julie years ago because of her legendary reputation as a storytelling. I got to know her amazing contribution to Pathways through her blog which is still my go-to resource when I have a question about pathways. I had the privilege of meeting Julie in person back in January this year.  

Jillian Haslam (UK), club president of Hertfordshire Speakers. She was instrumental in motivating members to adopt pathways. She did this by 1) Appointing a club Pathways Champion 2) Encouraging all Committee members to lead by example and enrol in Pathways, Celebrate success as members completed levels and paths 3) Set ambitious targets e.g. 100% enrolment by 25th March, our Pathways Anniversary celebration.

Michelle Alba-Lim (Philippines, US) who is a leading member of the online Pathways Discussion Forum, a great resource for all pathways related issues.
Nathaly Lobato (Curacao) my pathways mentee whom I had the good fortune to have been assigned. She has become my mentor in so many ways.

I would like to say thanks also to Pathways Ambassador John Kendal, Pathways Guide Vinette Hoffman-Jackson, District Director Steve Campion, Area 20 Director, Wojtek Zulja, Violet Cuffy, Deputy Area20 Director, and Daniel Sandars District 71 Publicity Manager who have all promoted Pathways over the past year in COT sessions, the District newsletter and presentations at clubs.

Finally, thanks to all my fellow Toastmasters globally from whom I have learnt a tremendous amount through your questions, answers and the tips, tools and thoughts you have shared.

As our founder Dr Ralph Smedley said: We learn best in moments of enjoyment”. Let us continue to help each other and enjoy the Pathways journey.

7 comments:

Julie Kertesz - me - moi - jk said...

Beautiful and specific post, it does lack one thing, you in pathways shirt photo

John W. Kendall said...

Thanks for helping Cornerstone achieve president's distinguished with your Pathways awards Last year.

Nina said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for delivering an educational speech on Pathways yesterday at East Herts Speakers. Everyone felt inspired to progress on their paths.

You are amazing!!

Nina

Nathaly Lobato said...

Hi Elizabeth,

I is a honor for me to get a mention on your blog on this special day.
I have enjoyed and I am still enjoying our journey together.
I give thanks to the Lord for putting you on my path, not only for sharing your Pathways experience with us, but more for the special kind person that you are.
Thank you for being open to receive my ideas as your men-tee.

Let us celebrate Pathways as it has open the possibility to connect with Toastmasters from around the world.

Stay blessed.

Nathaly Lobato

Unknown said...

Coming along nicely. Very informative and inspiring. Soon my recommendation will be to consider keywords and tagging to help readers explore previous articles by theme. This seesm a good place to start researching https://smallbusiness.chron.com/adding-tags-single-posts-blogspot-30395.html
Daniel

Lynne Wilkins said...

Very inspiring Elizabeth - reading this makes me want to get more into Pathways myself

Md Mujibur Rahman said...

Thanks Elizabeth for best achievement. You deserve for these achievement. You did lot of hard work for toastmaster international to support clubs & pathway. You are one of the model of Toastmaster.

Your these achievements will inspire all new members of other clubs to achieve their goals.


Kind Regards
Mujib, VPE Luton Communicators.